Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a non-profit Critical Access Hospital. Established in 1926 and like the tenacious Western spirit that built Wickenburg, our Community Hospital and Clinics are committed to quality health and wellness services where the patient, family and community come first. We are committed to being the world-class health and wellness leader for all communities we serve.
The Pharmacist reports to the Director of Pharmacy Services. The Pharmacist will comply with all applicable federal and state laws and apply to the AZ State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations. Responsibilities include distribution, drug therapy monitoring, education and supervisory functions. Must collaborate with others, organize well, accomplish tasks, solve problems and communicate effectively.
Skill / Requirements
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, fosters relationship building, change as opportunity for growth and development in self and others.
- Support a team environment and encourage team work.
- Performs duties as directed and needed to provide health & wellness services for WCH patients and customers.
- Provide accurate and efficient filling of Doctor’s written orders for medications.
- Implement company policy and procedures related to the operation of the Pharmacy.
- Supervise and give direction to Pharmacy Technicians.
- Will coordinate professional pharmaceutical services with Director of Nursing.
- Order and maintain a sufficient inventory of merchandise to adequately cover current utilization. Maintain inventory control.
- Review purchase patterns to avoid inventory overstock or outdated products and process invoices.
- Works cooperatively with Physicians, RN’s and other allied health personnel.
- Interacts professionally with patients and treats them with dignity and respect.
- Supervise and conduct periodic inventories of the pharmacy.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management of WCH and provides leadership to the team.
- In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon WCH needs or requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- 5 years of experience in a Hospital Pharmacy is required
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Arizona.
- Must have CPR certification