Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wamore, Inc
Wamore is an engineering and manufacturing company located at the Deer Valley Airpark. We specialize in system development for commercial, military and aerospace clients with a specialization in Precision Guided Aerial Delivery of Cargo. We are seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to join our growing team. This is a full time position (Monday-Thursday, 10 hour days). Wamore, Inc. isn't your typical Company - we are typically throwing things out of airplanes! We have a friendly and fun working environment with an incredible opportunity to make a real difference. Key Job Responsibilities (essential position functions):
- The Lead Engineer will plan and provide leadership for all aspects of engineering activities within the organization.
- Ensures all Engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization's established goals and objectives
- Provides guidance, coaching, and direction to all engineers in the execution of the company goals.
- Balances good technical knowledge, teaming and communication skills
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Develop and manage requirements
- Approves product design or changes
- Resolves engineering or science problems
- Uses intuitive judgment for engineering analyses and trade studies
- Coordinates and directs projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directs the integration of technical activities
- Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications
- Develops, presents and explains proposals, reports, reviews, and findings to clients.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Ability to create innovative technology solutions to diverse, complex issues
Skill / Requirements
The Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- The candidate will have an Advanced degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering. Professional Engineer license not required but desired
- 10+ years of Engineering technical experience in a product development environment on military or commercial aerospace applications
- 10+ years of leadership experience with technical teams
- The candidate will have a broad scope of Systems Engineering experience
- Familiarity with SolidWorks CAD software desired with proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- The successful candidate will have experience in all phases of hardware design, development, verification and validation engineering, which include processes, analysis and control, planning, organizing, and design implementation.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- A Self-starter, high energy, "break down doors" type of personality will thrive in our environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products
- Must be a US citizen
Wamore is looking for a very dynamic, innovative, and professional engineer. Someone who can crunch numbers or code during design, gets their hands dirty during prototype phase, then thoroughly document the details for production. All of this happens simultaneously on a daily basis among a number of different projects in addition to ensuring other engineering department personnel are on track with their assigned tasks. If you want to make a difference and demonstrate your skills and abilities to actually produce something, this could be your calling.
Required full time work hours are Monday through Thursday 6:30am - 5:00pm
Moving package not offered.
Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum listed requirements and cannot work the required hours.