The Village Health Clubs & Spas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prep Cook (Part-Time) / DC Ranch
at The Village Health Clubs & Spas
The Prep Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, cleaning duties, and storing food and non-food supplies.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist cooks in preparation and service of various foods in assigned work situations with pre -preparation of ingredients for entrees.
- Responsible for meal preparation which includes washing, peeling, preparing salads, breads and condiments
- Remove all food from the serving lines at the end of a meal period.
- Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and nonfood supplies.
- Operate dish washing equipment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
- Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Previous experience preferred of at least 3 months.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Food handler’s card required.
- Café or restaurant experience in high-end health club or country club/resort setting
- Dependable attendance
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS.
We Value Diversity!