Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative Lead - Chandler, AZ or Phoenix, AZ
at UnitedHealth Group
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Training classes start soon - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members. You’ll handle 50-70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers / customers.
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Inform and educate new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing / payment procedures
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of call center and / or customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word (ability to create and edit documents), Outlook (ability to send / receive email, create folders, color code and manage calendar), and Excel (create, edit, sort and filter a spreadsheet)
- 1+ years of experience in generating reports, office environment, administrative / clerical, and / or client account management
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site Monday-Friday from 5 am- 6 pm, AZ time. This shift can include weekends and / or overtime as business needs arise
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Previous Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of HMO / PPO / Medicare Plans / benefits and medical terminology
- Experience with basic navigation of Salesforce (Ability to modify fields, access dashboards, and / or create reports)
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
- Able to lift 25 lbs
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, OptumCare, Customer Service, Lead, Team Lead, Phoenix, AZ