Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual English and Spanish Senior Pharmacy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
at UnitedHealth Group
Position DescriptionChallenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in. As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls/completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
As a Bilingual Senior Pharmacy Technician you will perform live telephonic outreach to UHC Medicare members and their physicians/pharmacies to improve health quality outcomes (i.e. medication adherence, appropriate drug utilization). This is your opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. You will find an incredible team culture that provides opportunities to learn and evolve every day.
- Perform telephonic customer outreach to improve health quality outcomes in collaboration with clinical pharmacists
- Provide additional telephonic engagement with providers and pharmacies
Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements, triaging to a clinical pharmacist when appropriate
- Pharmacy technician with an eye for detail and strong communication skills to work in the production area of the pharmacy.
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Arizona
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- 3+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Retail and/or mail order pharmacy experience
- Experience with Part D claims adjudication
- Knowledge of HEDIS measures and Star ratings
- Great communication skills - verbal and written
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, UnitedHealth Care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license,