Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registrar I- Medical Front Office
at Tri-City Cardiology
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision “To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice.
Tri-City Cardiology is and will remain the pre-eminent provider of cardiovascular care for the Southeast valley. We will provide to our patients cardiovascular care of the highest quality regardless of race, creed, religion, or ability to pay. We will adopt new technologies and techniques rapidly; consistent with our goal to provide the best care for our patients. To provide the best service possible to our patients, we will work cooperatively and professionally with all physicians involved in the care of our patients. We will maintain a warm and caring office atmosphere that promotes compassionate patient care. All office staff are valued partners in our team approach to treat each patient with dignity and individualized attention.
Do you have experience working in a medical front office and enjoy face to face interaction with patients? Are you organized and prefer a fast paced work environment? Then we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a compassionate and driven person with a desire to help support our Physicians in providing the best quality care to our patients.
CONTRIBUTION AND JOB SUMMARY:
This position contributes to the company mission by providing daily support to the financially related services of our patients, performing daily functions to greet or register patients by providing financial information and support to all new and existing patients, and the verification of both financial and demographic information upon check-in for the patients visit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acknowledges and greets all patients according to AIDET guidelines
- Confirms the patients scheduled appointments
- Verifies and updates all demographic and insurance information on patients in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Scans all insurance cards into the appropriate accounts in the EMR
- Ensures Privacy Notices are completed and signed on every patient through our Electronic signature pad
- Explains Company's financial policy to patients ensures that patient signs the financial policy and discusses the patients financial responsibility, including co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, and payment needed at time of visit
- Must attempt to collect co-pays, co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, deposits, and/or past due balances
- Refers patients to Financial Counselor for assistance as appropriate
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings
- Attends all in-services or seminars related to patient services
- Ensures that all HIPAA guidelines are followed according to Company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional and commensurate with the position in accordance with Tri-City's Standards of Behavior
- Maintains a professional and courteous environment
- Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment!)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
Skill / Requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with all internal and external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm when receiving complaints and resolves same in a professional manner
- Demonstrates the ability to take the initiative in offering help
- Responds to requests from other departments in a timely, positive manner
- Verbally identifies self when answering the telephone using Greeting, Name, Department and Offer of Assistance
- Identifies internal issues and refers to Supervisor and/or Manager where appropriate
- Uses a friendly, helpful tone of voice
- Computer/keyboarding skills
- Must be able to type 40 wpm
- Successful completion of any other training as determined by the Company to be necessary for the position
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- One year collection experience preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred