Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Call Center CSR/Scheduling - East Mesa
at Tri-City Cardiology
Are you an experienced customer service representative searching for a company that truly cares about its patients and employees? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency and multi-tasking skills? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a Communications Specialist to work on our Communications Team at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa. Prior experience in healthcare and scheduling is a huge plus. This position offers a great Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule!
This position contributes to the company mission by acting as a key communication and scheduling representative for callers into the practice. This position works collaboratively with staff and supervisors from all departments, physicians, and outside facilities to ensure a smooth communication process for the caller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers all incoming calls in all assigned phone queues per the TCC Service Standards
- Learns all phone queues including: Switchboard Operator, Operator, Scheduling, New Patient Scheduling, Hospital, and Referring Physician
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, and/or confirms appointments appropriately documenting all pertinent information in the schedule
- Works with patients, referring physicians and their staff, hospital staff, etc. appropriately and courteously to provide optimal customer service
- Triages calls or pages calls to the appropriate staff member, department workgroup, secretary, or physician appropriately referencing any paging protocols for accuracy
- Registers and creates charts for New Patients per the PCP order/referral and obtaining all pertinent demographic, insurance, and clinical information and documenting completely in the schedule and the chart
- Contacts the appropriate departments when adding patients onto schedule
- Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already enrolled
- Works various Task Buckets for Scheduling and completes scheduling tasks as requested per physician orders
- Monitors Authorizations for testing scheduling
- Works the Fax Folders, Medical Referrals, Website Messages, and Patient Portal Inbox for New Patient Appointments, Established Patient appointments, Testing appointments, Incoming Orders, etc.
- Works the New Patient and Established Patient Follow Up call folders as assigned
- Sends certified letters, reminder postcards, and other correspondence to patients and referring physicians per policy and procedure
- Runs and works reports as assigned for Appointment Reminders, Reschedules, Recalls, No Shows, etc.
- For each Switchboard Operator call:
- Answering calls quickly, keeping wait times less than 30 seconds
- Use appropriate verbiage to control each call
- Transfer each call to the appropriate destination
- For each General Queue call:
- Gathers and documents all information thoroughly and accurately per policy and procedure
- Answers as many callers’ questions as possible without the need for transferring the call
- Thoroughly seek to understand the reason for the call so that it can be properly handled
- For calls that require a return call or need to be transferred to a department: gather sufficient information so that the appropriate department will have enough information to handle the situation and be able to respond to the original caller without the caller having to re-explain their reason for calling
- Initiates telephone screening by determining call status and handling calls according to established TCC policy and procedure
- Accurately updates and inputs all relevant data into computer
- Attends all mandatory staff meeting
- Complies with all OSHA and HIPAA policies along with all policies and procedures established by TCC
- Utilizes AIDET/customer service standards and demonstrates TCC Standards of Behavior
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional and commensurate with the position and is in accordance to TCC Standards of Behavior
- Maintains a professional and courteous environment
- Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality
- Other routine duties as assigned
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries as well as:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage (1st of the month following 60 days of employment!)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- PTO (vacation, sick & personal time off)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs with opportunities to earn gift cards and additional PTO!
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Typing skills of 40 words per minute
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years experience as telephone receptionist/customer service representative in an organization recognized for providing exceptional customer service preferred