The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Program Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Responds to intake queries; collects, records and analyzes documentation and referral sources; selects those candidates who are eligible and appropriate for admission; refers candidates to other programs as necessary; selects candidates for waiting list if appropriate, supervised or performs all necessary admission procedures.
- Supervises the client’s self-administered prescriptions insuring prescriptions are followed as written. Maintains and logs all medication given to clients; schedules and records all doctor and dental appointments coordinates or arranges medical or psychiatric referrals as directed; cultivates and records sources of referral and resource assistance.
- Coordinates and oversees clients living quarters and personal property to insure conformance to policy and procedure; conducts inspections, oversees cleanups, maintains adequate furnishings, writer Personal property Request Slips, checks inventories, etc. Maintains oversight of clients.
- Provides oversight to the client reception function. Coordinates social services and arranges appropriate assistance for clients. Prepares and maintains monthly service reports. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Coordinates and oversees client’s involvement in outside activities such as support group meetings, church services, and appropriate special events.
- Provides assistance to the Program Coordinator, clinical staff, or vocational supervisors including oversight of client crews, specific operations or functions, or special projects.
- Provides special administrative support to the Program Coordinator that may include: client database management, interfacing with IT regarding computer or network issues, and other special administration projects.
- Participate in various staff meetings that may include prayer, may engage in religious activities as part of the work day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Skill / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED required
- College courses related to social services or social services experience preferred
- 6 months – 1 year of related experience and/or training preferred
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer/typing skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to write reports & to calculate basic figures and numbers
- Ability to calculate basic figures and amounts
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to handle crisis/emergency situations or services for the homeless situations and to utilize crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and be able motivate program participants in achieving housing goals
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with clients
- Ability to exhibit professional and courteous communication at all times
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Must possess, or be eligible to receive, a fingerprint clearance card
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable
- Must be able to work various shifts/ weekends/ holidays
- An interpersonal style that is service oriented as well as anticipates and responds to the needs of client departments with a willingness to learn.
- An excellent attention to detail, procedures, processes and policies.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.