Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Discharge Benefits Specialist
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Recovery Clinics
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Discharge Benefits Specialist. This individual will be part of the Terros Health’s Recovery Centers, serving to over 5,000 members with serious mental illness and general mental health disorders throughout the Phoenix metro area. The ideal individual will possess a high degree of compassion for this vulnerable and special population. The individual will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Provides direct assistance to clients with benefit applications, including state and federal Medicaid, state financial assistance, and Social Security benefits. Obtains and maintains client financial and benefit coverage information for the purpose of maintaining appropriate medical service coverage. Coordinates with clinical staff, clients and families regarding benefit issues. Serves as the expert regarding state and federal and state benefit information, and provides training and mentoring to clinic staff. Works under direct supervision of the Business Office Manager.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
Job Specific Requirements:
- High school diploma / GED required
- Associates/bachelor’s degree in healthcare field preferred
- One (1) year experience in coordinating healthcare benefits, and validating member coverage
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic medical record, NextGen preferred.
Knowledge in the following desirable:
- Social Security Disability programs
- TITLE XIX
- Programs for developmentally disabled
- Welfare programs
- Arizona Long Term Care system
- Adult and Child/Adolescent programs