Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crisis Specialist - Days
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Crisis Mobile
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Crisis Specialist.
Terros Health is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
As part of the mobile crisis team, the mobile crisis specialist responds on-site to crisis calls that cannot be resolved by the Crisis Call Center telephonically. The crisis specialist utilize best practices in crisis intervention to respond and support individuals and families in crisis.
- Assess risk, effectively engage with clients, develop plans and follow-up as needed
- Work effectively and respectfully with clients, families, schools, first responders and all others involved
- Focus of care will be with the seriously mentally ill, children/ adolescents and family interventions. Is able to assess and stabilize different ages and stages of development/lifespan and different cultural backgrounds and experiences.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other agencies and/ or long-term counseling when appropriate.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adapts well to change.
- GED with a minimum of 3 years of behavioral health experience or,
- A bachelor's degree (not in the field of behavioral health) and 1 year of behavioral health experience, or
- A bachelor's degree in the field of behavioral health and at least 240 hours of behavioral health experience, or
- A master's degree or higher in the field of behavioral health and at least 240 hours of behavioral health experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license