Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Primary responsibilities include assuring the proper scheduling and dispatch of delivery associates within the Transportation Department
- Post and awards open bids
- Sets up routes bags and customer keys
- Coordinates with drivers, dispatcher and warehouse management team to ensure on time dispatches
- Provides effective feedback to associates and management using detailed written and oral communications.
- Maintains a good relationship with sales force and customers.
- Assures compliance with all safety procedures, company policies and DOT laws
- Tracks and records vehicle maintenance records in dispatch software
- Tracks and reports daily equipment assignments
- Tracks, reports, and schedule coverage drivers with scheduled and unscheduled time off
- Tracks DOT hours of service and communicates issues
- Create DOT discipline based on policy
- Route daily routes in Roadnet
- Keep all customer maintenance updated in the Sales Tools and Roadnet
- Maintain routes, equipment and drivers in Dispatch Software
- Maintain special instructions and key assignments
- Assign equipment according to factors such as length of trip, cube, and route equipment
- Handle all special request or changes specified through proper channels
- Build maintain and monitor weekly driver schedules including time off and seasonal route coverage
- Provide detailed new customer routing including delivery days order cutoff and delivery times
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have a High School diploma or GED; and 3 months of related experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and basic use of a desktop PC
- Basic knowledge of DOT laws governing hours of service for CDL drivers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.