Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ECE School Receptionist
at Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community Schools
Serves as the “first-line” resource of information for the public. The School Receptionist must be able to work independently, handle a variety of public relations issues and provide accurate information from school policies to school events. The execution of the duties of the School Receptionist must be done in a professional yet friendly manner.
Primary Job Functions
Primary functions may include the following tasks, knowledge’s, abilities, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions within this classification.
Essential Components of the Job
Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers and guests to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties:
Meet & Greet
- Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes as required.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate staff.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate staff.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Notifies parents/guardians if a child needs to be picked up
- Prepares notification letters for distribution.
- Communicates with administration, security and staff utilizing 2-way radio.
- Prepares and distributes school notifications for families including school closure dates.
- Verifies proper identification of individuals checking out students.
Office & Clerical
- Assists Enrollment Technician with student registration by making copies, scanning enrollment documents to student files, collecting needed documents, ensuring registration applications are complete.
- Uses the Student Informational System to access information as needed.
- Enters family contact information into Procare at time of student enrollment and as contact information changes.
- Verifies student attendance in Procare and records absences.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and creates, maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Assists with maintaining classroom ratio requirements.
- Registers parents in Procare and provides instruction in how to sign children in and out of the system.
- Updates Student Emergency Cards as changes occur and notifies staff of changes.
- Receives and tracks late pickup notices, enters into Powerschool, and notifies staff according to procedure.
- Records incoming calls pertaining to staff absences and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Assists Certificate Program staff with clerical duties including communicating with families and child care providers.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets for student tracking and reporting.
- Attends professional development training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
A willingness to learn and understand:
- The History, culture, traditions, and customs of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
- General office practice and procedures, including those associated with confidential/sensitive information
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Understanding and interpreting general concepts, rules, regulations and guidelines
- Effectively balancing daily tasks and demonstrating reasoned thinking
- Listening and communicating effectively with employees, students and parents
- Planning daily work volume, and ensuring effective completion of tasks
- Operating a variety of standard office equipment, including but not limited to: photocopiers, fax machines, personal computer, and printers
- Using MS Office suite application software including Word and Excel at an intermediate level
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships administrative and classroom staff, students and parents
- Following general oral and written instructions, policies and procedures
- Customer service best practices
- Use of telecommunication systems including telephone 2-way radios
- Keyboarding at 45 wpm
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a calm demeanor with the public and students under a high volume of business
- Maintain confidentiality of student and education business records
- Meet deadlines
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, and utilize significant fine finger dexterity.
- Sit 80% of the time, walk 10% of the time, and 10% standing. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and one (1) year experience performing a variety of clerical/office support tasks; or completion of a post high school course/program in Office Practices, General Business, or closely related area may substitute for the required experience. One (1) year of work experience utilizing Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel. Must hold current certification in first aid and CPR or able to secure such certification within six (6) months of date of hire.
Equivalency- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that would allow the candidate to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position, may be considered when filling this position.
Special Requirements – Due to the confidential and sensitive nature of this position, successful completion of an extensive background investigation is required. Incumbent is required to pass a basic physical examination and provide proof of immunizations at time of hire. Follow-up physical examinations and current immunizations are required and must be completed to maintain good employment status. Maintaining booster shots on immunizations and taking a TB skin test or x-ray annually is also required. Documentation of the above medical actions is absolutely essential for the file and for the health of the children in the Early Childhood Education Program.
Driving Requirement: This job description does not require the incumbent to drive; however, any employee who chooses or is asked to drive an SRPMIC vehicle for work related community business must receive written annual authorization to do so. For clarification, work related community business includes driving to and from SRPMIC government sites and buildings.
Terms of Employment: This position is treated as a full-time non-exempt position scheduled for 40 hours per week.
Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test and extensive Fingerprint and Background Check. Employee is Subject to Random Drug Testing and completion of a Background Check every five (5) years.
Employment preference is given in the following order: 1) Qualified Community Member 2) Qualified Native American, and 3) Other Qualified Applicant.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.