Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Interpreter/Receptionist @Betty Fairfax (CC#2482)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Reference #: 1979
Openings as of 8/17/2018
Classified Support Staff
- Interpreter/Receptionist @Betty Fairfax (CC#2482) JobID: 1979
- Position Type:
Classified Support Staff/INTERPRETER/RECEPTIONIST
- Date Posted:
BETTY FAIRFAX HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
08/24/2018 Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
- Greets and screens visitors and phone calls from public, parents, students, etc. for the purpose of responding to their inquiries and/or directing them to appropriate personnel in accordance with district policies regarding building security and safety.
- Answers school site telephone system for the purpose of responding to inquiries. Interpreting and/or transferring calls, and/or taking messages, and disseminate to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Interpret and translate for school related activities (disciplinary hearings, assisting staff with non-English speaking parents, etc.) during and after school hours as required.
- Translate written documents for school purposes from one language to another while maintaining content, context and style as much as possible using reference materials as needed to ensure accuracy of translation.
- Follow all district procedures and policies to ensure confidentiality of student information is maintained.
- Provides general clerical support to site administrators by creating and maintaining updates to campus directory, schedules, and calendars. Responds to general inquiries in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal interactions with all district staff and customers. Maintains an attractive and professional reception area.
- Receives and responds to incoming telephone calls answering questions appropriately.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
- Ability to speak/interpret, write/translate, and read fluently in Spanish.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and appropriate keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of industry standard customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate interpersonal relations with students, parents, and other staff of the district and exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- One year of clerical experience, telephone skills and knowledge of phone etiquette.
- Flexible work hours as necessary to accommodate campus need.
- Ability to work independently.
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE:||Interpreter / Receptionist||DIVISION:||Instructional Services|
|WORK YEAR:||9 months||DEPARTMENT:||As Assigned|
|LOCATION:||Schools||SALARY SCHEDULE:||Support Services|
The interpreter/receptionist serves as the first point of contact for visitors to the school and non-English speaking callers ensuring they are handled in a timely and courteous manner. Facilitates efficient and effective flow of communications to campus staff and provides written and/or oral interpretation in addition to translation for non-English speakers as needed. Performs job related duties as assigned.
Principal or designee.
|PREPARED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||JOB NUMBER:||EFFECTIVE DATE:|
|JDRC||CEA||EMPLOYEE RELATIONS||3271||July 1, 2013|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!