Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wire Services Investigator Associate
at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10022790-WD
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Responsible for investigating and resolving in a timely and accurate manner various types of wire Transfer Operations. Also responsible for the resolution of foreign currency compensation cases. Act as back up to supervisor in Investigations Unit when needed. Process cases requiring compensation payments and/or claims for various departments. This includes US dollar and foreign currency compensation cases in accordance with established regulations, ensuring information is accurately recorded, facilitating management review and approval.
- Investigate inquiries received from customers, other departments and/or other banks, utilizing the required resources to complete such cases in the prescribed timeframes, ensuring cases are thoroughly documented and properly filed facilitating management review and approval.
- Monitor open and pending queues and take appropriate action on all replies received within the same business day by processing them in accordance with established procedures.
- Process cases requiring compensation payments and/or claims.
- Act as a backup to supervisor functions in investigations when needed.
- Assist with UAT testing.
- Assist with training of New Staff.
- Quality Control - Foster and maintain emphasis on our Error Reduction ongoing initiative and recommend appropriate changes, if any.
- Risk Control - Ensure proper escalation on reportable incidence is understood by staff and carried out consistently.
- Understand and apply the various rules and regulations governing wire payments and investigations.
- Fundamental understanding of payments formatting, including SWIFT, CHIPS, Fedwire, foreign currency.
- Case management experience in wire investigations.
- 2 to 3 years of financial services experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!