Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wire Service Operations Associate, Non Officer (Specialist)
at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Position Reports to: Director of Wire Services
- Under the direct supervision of a manager or work director, assist with any of the day-to-day activities of a functional area.
- Perform all tasks associated with these functions.
- Handle simple to moderately complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Assist with improving quality service, improving efficiency and reducing errors.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Disaster Recovery (DR) preparations as assigned.
- Perform all tasks associated with the primary functions of the wire service operations unit.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform other departmental functions as required. (Refer to skills required for list of functions).
- Ensures timely completion of one or more tasks within the functional area of assignment according to unit standards for productivity and quality.
- Working knowledge of applicable State and Federal US Regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC4A), OFAC, FDIC, Bank Secrecy Act, and Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA).
- Report discrepancies and suspicious activities to the Supervisor.
- Maintain good understanding of internal policies, procedures and other business related service manuals.
- Thorough understanding of operational and technical functions in the area of assignment.
- Provide support to the Unit Manager or Work Director and assist with projects as needed.
- Monitor open wire ques and take appropriate actions within the Service Level Agreements
- Be comfortable working in a high volume banking production environment with an emphasis on performance metrics
- Must also have a good understanding of internal policies, procedures, regulations and business requirements
- Good understanding of applicable operational risks
- 2+ years of Payment processing experience required
- Overall 3+ years of work experience in Financial services industry
- Money Transfer System (MTS) experience a huge plus
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively in English, operate a keyboard for prolonged periods, and read and write in English.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule with overtime when required
- Good customer service skills, satisfactory math aptitude, satisfactory written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple systems and processes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.