Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mountain Park Health Center
The PRN Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to a wide variety of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) patients and perform overall pharmacy tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver high quality pharmaceutical care in a clinic setting.
- Foster the pharmacist-patient-provider relationship and motivate patient cooperation toward the delivery of care.
- Review medication orders and evaluate their appropriateness and completeness with respect to patient data, including age, allergies, height, weight, diagnosis, and other pertinent patient information.
- Dispense medication and counsel patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Communicates patient care related information in an effective culturally competent and respectful way with members of the pharmacy staff, external contacts, and other healthcare professionals.
- Utilize clinical pharmacy skills, including checking for appropriate dosage, contraindication and duplicate therapy, in assessing and formulating recommendations to physicians ensuring quality and economical drug therapy.
- Assure accuracy of prescriptions.
- Inform providers on prescriptions prescribed by specialists.
- Assist with Clinical Pharmacy team to authorize refill requests per protocols.
- Contribute to the training and proficiencies of pharmacy personnel, including pharmacy students.
- Assure compliance and completeness of reporting with adverse drug reaction and medication error programs.
- Work with staff in a positive, constructive, and a congenial manner.
- Abide by all the rules and regulations designed by State Board of Pharmacy, and MPHC Policies and Procedures not otherwise addressed in employment contracts.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as advised by Director of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Manager.
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient, insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other healthcare-related parties.
- Support compliance with the 340B drug pricing policy and abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the State Board of Pharmacy and MPHC policies and procedures.
- Strive to improve patient safety in all aspects of performance of the above essential functions.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Arizona License or eligibility for license required, and Current CPR certificate
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.