Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Pharmacy Technician - Floater supports and collaborates with the healthcare team, mainly the pharmacist, to ensure patients receive high quality care related to dispensing medications at Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly and accurately process prescriptions and enter patient information into the computer software systems, including the EMR.
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve as needed.
- Assists the pharmacist in dispensing, filling prescriptions, inventory control, stocking shelves and data entry.
- Communicates patient care related information in an effective culturally competent and respectful way with members of the pharmacy staff, external contacts, and other healthcare professionals.
- Accurately fills and documents medication in the automated dispensing machine.
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team, including assisting with clinical pharmacist schedule.
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient, insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other healthcare-related parties.
- Stay abreast of the newest medicines and their availability.
- Support compliance with the 340B drug pricing policy and abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the State Board of Pharmacy and MPHC policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including preparing cash register deposits.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Float to the various pharmacy locations on a scheduled or on-demand basis. Work schedule: Flexible, Evenings, Weekends, and Travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 18 years old.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certified and Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician, CPhT and/or active Arizona Pharmacy Technician Trainee License that does not expire within one year of hire date. Pharmacy Technician Trainee must take CPhT test and become Certified and Licensed as a pharmacy technician within one year of hire date
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write short or routine reports and correspondence. Knowledge of medications and signatures. Computer and telephone experience.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.