Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician Lead
at Mountain Park Health Center
Supports pharmacy services by assisting pharmacists in processing prescription orders, receives and stocks merchandise and maintain pharmacy records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Maintain drug inventory, orders all supplies when needed in the pharmacy, and monitors purchasing reports to maintain medication budget
- Assist the pharmacy manager and lead pharmacy technician with overseeing daily pharmacy operation and enforcing Board Pharmacy Rules and Regulation as needed
- Assist lead technician with scheduling and contacting PRN technicians when needed
- Assist lead technician with department orders
- Train new technicians and pharmacy interns on pharmacy computer system and work flow
- Ensure completions of monthly tasks: taking care of overstocked /expired medications, performing Parata Mini quality assurance
- Performs Walgreens 340B and AZ&Me audits
- other duties as assigned
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Mountain Park Health Center policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Comply with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Mountain Park Health Center.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and one to two years experience as a pharmacy technician. Preferably, certified as a technician.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write short or routine reports and correspondence. Knowledge of medications and signatures. Computer and telephone experience. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee much occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving, medicinal preparations, chemicals and other conditions common to a pharmacy environment.
Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.