Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mountain Park Health Center
***Please no calls from agencies***
The Pharmacy Manager directs the provision of medication-related care to patients and oversees the daily operations of the Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver and ensure high quality pharmaceutical care in a clinic setting.
- Establish strategic objectives for the department; implement plans and oversee pharmacy operations in accordance with regulations and laws.
- Review medication orders and evaluate their appropriateness and completeness with respect to patient data, including age, allergies, height, weight, diagnosis, and other pertinent patient information.
- Supervises and develops high quality customer service and provides drug consultation services; maintains relationships with clinic staff and clients.
- Make recommendations to insure that all programs have adequate pharmacy input prior to their utilization.
- Advise management on performance deficiencies of pharmacy auxiliary personnel.
- Contribute to the training and proficiencies of pharmacy personnel, including pharmacy students.
- Foster the pharmacist-patient-provider relationships and motivates patient cooperation toward the delivery of care.
- Dispense medication and counsels patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Perform self-auditing to ensure the integrity of the 340 Drug Pricing Program for both in-house and contract pharmacies.
- Submit monthly report to the Director of Pharmacy, including dispensing records, staffing, and pharmacy activities in the previous month.
- Conduct monthly meeting with pharmacy staff to review new / updated policies and discuss pharmacy related issues.
- Abide by and ensure staff to follow the rules and regulations designed by State Board of Pharmacy and MPHC Policies and Procedures not otherwise addressed in employment contracts.
- Abide and ensure staff to follow all HRSA requirements for 340B Drug Pricing program.
- Perform annual evaluation for pharmacy staff.
- Work with staff in a positive, constructive, and a congenial manner.
- Attend manager meetings, and other meetings as advised by the Director of Pharmacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience, preferably 3-5 years, directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and excellent communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Arizona License or eligibility from another state, and current CPR certificate
Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.