Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Pharmacy Technician - South Phoenix
at Mountain Park Health Center
The lead pharmacy technician generally works under a pharmacist, assisting them in the pharmacy by completing tasks such as preparing medicines for dispensing. The lead pharmacy technician holds a leadership position in which they must provide guidance and instructions to other pharmacy technicians. These professionals are also in charge of scheduling the pharmacy technicians and managing the day to day activities of tech staff, such as cleaning the pharmacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly and accurately process prescriptions and enter patient information into the computer software systems, including the EMR
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve, as needed.
- Assists the pharmacist in dispensing, filling prescriptions, inventory control, stocking shelves and data entry.
- Communicates patient care related information in an effective culturally competent and respectful way with members of the pharmacy staff, external contacts, and other healthcare professionals.
- Accurately fills and documents medication into the automated dispensing machine.
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team, including assisting with clinical pharmacist schedule.
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient, insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other healthcare-related parties.
- Stay abreast of the newest medicines and their availability.
- Support compliance with the 340B drug pricing policy and abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the State Board of Pharmacy and MPHC policies and procedures.
- Performs other task as assigned, including preparing cash register deposits.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the training and/or orientation of new pharmacy employees.
- Manages technician’s day to day operations, delegate’s responsibility and assures adequate resources are available to meet customer needs.
- Works in collaboration with the pharmacy manager to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Assures compliance with safety, security, state/federal regulation, MPHC policies and procedures.
- Maintains drug inventory and monitors purchasing reports to maintain medication budget.
- Orders all pharmacy supplies.
- Ensures compliance with 340B drug pricing policy.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.