Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Benefits Analyst
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Hire Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Job Category
- Human Resources
The Sr. Benefits Analyst position is integral role to the Milestone Benefits team. As the Sr. Benefits Analyst, you will serve as the subject matter expert on assigned benefit programs including: leave of absence, medical, dental, vision, COBRA, life, short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), workers compensation, OSHA and more within the guidelines of ERISA, ACA and other applicable laws and regulations. This position is responsible for providing a high-level of team member customer service, ensuring accurate and timely program administration, evaluating and recommending process improvements, and developing and delivering necessary benefit-related training for internal and external business partners. Partner with 3rd party benefits administrator on annual Non-Discrimination Testing, ACA, SAR, 5500 filings, 1095c and other related compliance reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, develops, and presents recommendations for competitive employee benefits programs to include medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D insurance plans, wellness, retirement plans, FSA, retiree insurance plans, etc. Evaluates and monitors benefits trends and makes recommendations
- Oversees the administration of benefits programs. Maintains plan documents. Ensures compliance with applicable benefits and tax legislation. Develops and maintains administrative procedures
- Project lead for annual open enrollment, end to end setup of new benefit plans and/or benefit plan changes to include ADP and bswift configuration, audits, updates to existing reports and analysis of the impact on benefit integrations and payroll.
- Partners with other departments (Finance, HRIS, Payroll, IT, etc.) as well as external vendors. In particular focus on interfaces and process improvements across departments.
- Ensures consistency in plan administration and regulatory compliance, including Partner with 3rd party benefits administrator for preparation and delivery on annual Non-Discrimination Testing, ACA, SAR, 5500 filings, 1095c and other related compliance reporting.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee communication and training programs relating to benefits programs and procedures.
- Provides oversight, technical analysis, and consultation related to all vendor relationships and activities, including ongoing meetings, reporting, and program updates or changes.
- Disseminates information to Milestone managers and internal staff regarding medical and other benefit claims management. Identifies opportunities of improvement resulting in positive impacts to existing plan design offerings.
- Partners with the Milestone HR manager in communicating benefit program trends, outcomes, return on investment, and targeted improvement solutions leadership. Prepares agendas and meeting materials.
- Develops and reports on benefit metrics. Leverage data from HRIS, vendors and brokers to create analytics to make data-driven strategy decisions.
- Create and update applicable presentations, plans and processes.
- Contribute to the improvement of departmental procedural workflow processes of using continuous improvement methodologies, which include: eligibility and enrollment processes, vendor performance monitoring, team member communications, notices and benefit delivery problem resolution.
- Audits carrier exception reports and reconciles benefits accounts and the billing process
- Acts as a point of contact for escalations pertaining to complex benefit matters
- Oversees data gathering and research on moderate to complex assignments and projects.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring Milestone policies and all regulatory requirements
- Customer Focus/Going Above and Beyond: Striving for high customer satisfaction, going out of way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible for the customer even if the customer is within the department
- Open, Honest and Respectful Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing, clearly, professionally, and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
- Collegiality/Collaboration: Being respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. All hands-on deck approach - offering assistance to team members even if busy with own work and if asked to help, readily agrees even if will delay own work. If conflicting priorities, consult with manager
- Ability to manage/lead a unit project and programs;
- Ability to set program goals and manage timeliness; ability to prioritize work effectively;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports;
- Ability to educate and train internal and external customers;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; articulate,
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and self-managed to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and project management expertise is required.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work autonomously on several projects concurrently.
Required Education and Experience
- Six (6) years of professional employee benefits experience with strong knowledge of plan design, automation, administration and compliance for retirement and health and welfare programs, ERISA and other employee benefit related laws and regulations is required.
- Five (5) + years progressively responsible experience in direct design, complex data analysis, implementation, and administration of benefits programs.
- Working knowledge of HRIS Benefit systems (ADP and bSwift preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, with advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
Occasionally to local offices as needed.
Milestone Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. One company, endless possibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.