Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Tax Analyst
at Ports America
Summary: The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for all payroll taxes, including reconciliation, preparation, payment and filing of all quarterly and annual tax forms.
- Deposit federal and state taxes weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Prepare accurately and file timely quarterly 941's, unemployment tax returns, and state withholding returns. Annually prepare and file the 940's, W3, W2's, and annual state reconciliations.
- Ensure vendor-prepared tax returns are being reported correctly and timely.
- Maintain all unemployment rates and maintain FUTA credit reduction states so that accounting and finance can accrue accordingly.
- Stay up to date with current and upcoming tax legislation changes and laws.
- Provide backup to the Payroll Analyst and Sr. Payroll Analyst for all the ADP payrolls including Management payroll and OCU Union Payrolls.
- Provide support for Maritech, WENO and WGMA payrolls
- Assist Payroll Manager with internal and external audits for union payrolls. This includes audits for contractual union pension contributions, union payroll audits, and payroll tax audits from taxing authorities.
- Recommend, implement and maintain union payroll process improvements. Recommend, implement and maintain general process improvements. Maintain and update payroll and tax documentation and processes. Assist Payroll Manager with best practice improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of payroll operations.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities.
- Deadline focused
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to create/maintain best practice standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Problem Resolution
- Task Ownership and Significance
- Decision Making
- Leadership and Influence
- Skill Variety
- Contacts & Communication
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Skill / Requirements
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- High School diploma
- 5+ years of payroll experience in a high volume multi-state organization.
- 3+ years of Payroll Tax experience
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel to Ports America sites (less than 10%).
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.