Law Offices of Nicomedes E. Suriel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Receptionist
at Law Offices of Nicomedes E. Suriel
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our law firm. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the firm. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. Poised intelligence is a key ingredient to be successful; you must demonstrate a desire to learn and advance.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Prepare and type reports, minutes, communications, correspondence, and other legal documents
- Compose correspondence drafts for the Attorney, Immigration Courts, and clients
- Maintain docket of cases filed by the firm; coordinates cases with attorneys
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (it is required that applicants be fluent in English and Spanish)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise (agile mentally, quick on your feet)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
BILINGUAL (ENGLISH/SPANISH) COMMUNICATIONS ARE REQUIRED