Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Receptionist, School 2017-2018 (Cheatham)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma, or equivalent. Bilingual preferred.
To provide friendly and efficient receptionist services.
- Answers multi-line telephone system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Provide a positive district image for all visitors and personnel who desire information and/or services.
- Greets public, parents, students, vendors, etc. for the purpose of responding to their inquiries and/or escorting/directing them to appropriate personnel.
- Provide assistance in routine departmental office activities.
- Distributes a variety of items within the site (e.g. special delivery and overnight mail/packages, messages, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Maintains materials and information within reception area (e.g. notices, marquee, etc.) for the purpose of providing information to employees and visitors.
- Assist with student enrollments and withdrawls when needed.
- Manage student record request.
- Cover for behavior monitor, attendance clerk, and health associate.
- Manage parental consent title compact and medical forms.
- Perform other job duties assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: accounting/bookkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software, and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- The ability to type 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)