Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TECH-PHARMACY HOSPITAL 517250
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- RX Pharm Hospital
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Current license by AZ State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician. Required
Current Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) issued by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Required
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. Serves as a liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of information and pharmaceutical products to the customer.
- Prepare orders verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing, generate batch run reports/labels to complete medication cart filling, ensuring medication doses are delivered within established guidelines, return medications to stock, assist the Inventory Specialist to ensure the pharmacy is adequately stocked with needed medications and supplies.
- Fills automated dispensing machines accurately. Runs reports to ensure proper filling and re-stocking of automated dispensing machines. Retrieve medications from the narcotic automated dispensing cabinet following all requirements for complete documentation of controlled substance distribution.
- Compound prescription medications and sterile or non-sterile pharmaceuticals. Provides back-up coverage preparing complex IV admixtures, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and Chemotherapeutic agents.
- Packages unit dose medications by hand or through automated unit dosing equipment to maintain appropriate par levels of medications at all times. Ensure pre-packaging records are completed correctly.
- Complete and document daily and monthly Quality Assurance (QA) checklists including nursing unit inspections, temperature logs and expired medication checklists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.