Home Assist Health, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Care Supervisor (MCS) - Immediately Available
at Home Assist Health, Inc.
The Member Care Supervisor is instrumental in providing quality, independent lifestyles for people living with disabilities, and ensuring that they have the best care experience possible. The Member Care Supervisor is dedicated to the success of our Direct Care Workers (DCW) and Member Care Coordinators (MCC); providing them an employment experience that is positive and rewarding. The Member Care Supervisor is a positive representative of Home Assist Health upholding the company’s Mission, Vision and Purpose.
Skill / Requirements
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English, bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Must possess strong interviewing, counseling, leadership, management, planning and organizational skills.
- Requires a basic understanding and knowledge of compliance and safety issues in non-medical home care.
- Requires use of personal automobile for making home visits.
- Home care experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Behavioral health experience strongly preferred
- Supervising, training, and mentoring in the professional development of Member Care Coordinators and Direct Care Workers
- Performing as the Program Manager when the Program Manager is absent or otherwise unavailable.
- Supervising, intervening or providing hands on member care, to ensure that DCW provision of services are in compliance with service requirements, the individual member care plan, the habilitation program, and the payer expectations.
- Developing habilitation programs for members authorized with habilitation services, supervising DCW administration of the habilitation program, and identifying opportunities for program improvement based on member progress and challenges.
- Staffing and scheduling of services in accordance to the service/care plan and authorizations.
- Guaranteeing services by filling service gaps promptly and when needed will perform as back up DCW.
- Promoting a positive care experience for our members by matching them with the caregiver that best suits their needs.
- Collecting, reviewing, and ensuring proper completion of timesheets, program data reporting, and other reports/documentation as required.
- Acting as the primary contact for payer representative (i.e. Case Manager/Support Coordinator/Relative) communicating regularly regarding member care including but not limited to: authorizations, incidents, and changes in behavior/condition/needs/etc.
- Initiating and participating as needed in the incident reporting process.
- Immediately reporting any suspected or witnessed abuse, neglect, or any other potentially harmful and/or illegal activity.
- Providing after-hours support to the Staffing Support Specialist on a rotating basis
- Participating in program weekly huddles and completing case audits as they are due.
- Conducting initial case assessments and new member intake (5 Day 1) as approved and overseen by supervisor.
- Assist with other duties as assigned