Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas / DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lobby Attendant PM - Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas / DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale
Job Reference #: 18287
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Lobby Attendant cleans lobby, restrooms and public areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive assignments, priority requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management. Review assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies are available to properly clean. Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Walk all assigned spaces at beginning and end of shift. Remove newspapers, trash, empty ash receptacles and note any areas that require immediate cleaning.
- Clean assigned public areas including dusting, polishing, vacuuming, glass cleaning and trash removal. Clean public elevators. Clean public restrooms and stock with supplies. Perform quality check on public space televisions, telephones and lamps.
- Clean offices as assigned.
- Appropriate and proper use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Prompt reports to housekeeping management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in public spaces for entry into Lost and Found.
- Perform duties of Houseperson, Room Attendant or Laundry Attendant as assigned.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or one plus years related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards. Ability to operate a vacuum, mop and properly use cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely complete assigned tasks, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a lamp, coffee maker, phone, TV and other public space equipment. Attention to details with good organizational skills and efficient time management.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak and listen. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!