Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Local Employer
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to work at Mesa Corporate Office.
The Procurement Specialist ensures that the items and services to implement and maintain our contracts are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed upon terms and conditions. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements.
This position must possess strong communication skills, be detail oriented, professional, and able to work effectively with technology. The Procurement Specialist will ensure purchasing programs and processes adhere to legal, compliance and audit requirements as well as utilizing internal controls to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions relating to purchasing and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquires materials and documents to fulfill requests for purchases, including preparing purchase orders and handling inquiries about orders.
- Interacts with management and staff to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Follows through with purchase from order placement to fulfillment and ensures order arrives undamaged and on time.
- Reviews orders, verifies requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process. Evaluates documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains and updates pricing and catalogs for the company on specific vendors; standardizing quality products and services.
- Identifies cost reduction opportunities and establishes key metrics and ongoing reporting; prepares spend analysis to identify areas of procurement savings.
- Manages the Purchase Order system and follow through on process improvements.
- Builds relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Obtains multiple bids when warranted.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Assists staff in resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Ensures compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying & proposing modifications as needed.
- Monitors inventory control systems, communicates shortages and ensures inventory is stocked and purchase order can be fulfilled.
- Prepares inventory transfer forms.
- Provides management with periodic reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain or a related field.
- 3-5 years of purchasing and/or procurement experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple procurement projects simultaneously.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment.
- Ability to work interdependently within a team.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and internal customers.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process information using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and One Note.
- Ability to address issues and handle change effectively.
- Ability to manage time effectively.