Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Local Employer
This position must possess strong communication skills, be detail-oriented, professional, and able to work effectively with technology. The Procurement Clerk will ensure purchasing programs and processes adhere to legal, compliance and audit requirements as well as utilize internal controls to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions relating to purchasing and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquiring materials and documents to fulfill requests for purchases, including preparing purchase orders and handling inquiries about orders.
- Follows through with purchase from order placement to fulfillment and ensures order arrives undamaged and on time.
- Reviews orders, verifies requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process. Evaluates documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains and updates pricing and catalogs for the company on specific vendors; standardizing quality products and services.
- Obtains multiple bids when warranted.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Ensures compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying & proposing modifications as needed.
- Monitors inventory control systems, communicates shortages and ensures inventory is stocked and purchase order can be fulfilled.
- Prepares inventory transfer forms.
- Regularly audits inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to handle multiple procurement projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment.
- Ability to work interdependently within a team.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and internal customers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process information using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and One Note.
- Ability to address issues and handle change effectively.
- Ability to manage time effectively.