Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
at Grand Canyon University
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Human Resource department is seeking a full time Talent Acquisition Specialist. This position will be working independently but under general direction, assisting University departments in developing sound and effective customized recruiting plans and strategies, employing traditional and non-traditional sourcing methods, proactively developing candidate pools and ensuring the successful selection and hiring of the best-qualified talent.
- Consults and partners with hiring managers and HR Manager to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies.
- Prepares and implements strategies using multiple techniques including social media, eRecruting, online database, employee referrals, internal databases, networks, etc. while meeting pre-determined service level agreements for assigned clients.
- Screens talent pools to confirm qualifications, skill sets, interest, job fit, salary requirements, work authorization and other customized criteria.
- Builds relationships and networks with target industries, companies, user groups, professional associations, educational institutions and others to develop and maintain a pipeline of active/passive candidates.
- Partners with other Talent Acquisition team members to coordinate strategies and activities in order to create efficiencies and collaborate on marketplace talent opportunities.
- As requested, conducts face-to-face interviews with potential candidates.
- Coordinates, facilitates and/or participates in external job fairs in support of recruiting strategies.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system for job postings and creates and executes queries and searches for qualified candidates.
- Provides reporting on key sourcing and recruiting metrics by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends for continuous improvement.
- Maintains open and frequent communications with business partners, human resources staff and any others on recruiting and hiring timelines.
- Partners with client organizations to provide, promote and ensure a positive experience in meeting staffing goals.
- Ensures legal compliance with federal and state requirements.
- May assist or participate in the New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Remains current on trends and developments of accrediting bodies, employee educational and certification requirements, and HR trends. Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the recruiting life cycle.
- Performs other related assignments as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, industrial relations, psychology or a related field is required.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education/training may be substituted upon hiring manager’s approval.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with high-volume, life-cycle recruiting for a variety of job classifications.
- Prior experience with Workday Recruiting and sourcing through social media or other applicant tracking systems required.
- Prior talent acquisition/human resources experience in higher education is preferred.
- Results driven with a strong client focus, results driven and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated with the willingness and ability to work independently or a team environment.
- Good judgment and sound decision making with the ability to problem solve and influence at all levels of the University.
- Very familiar with the full life-cycle recruiting process.
- Skilled in applicant interviewing techniques including behavioral based methods.
- Knowledgeable of federal guidelines on selection procedures, Title VII of CRA, ADA/RA 1973/FMLA/AAPs/HIPAA/FERPA and similar regulations.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to fulfill commitments while under deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-starter with good organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Willing to work outside normal business hours if necessary and/or travel for job fairs, conferences, etc. on an occasional basis (less than 10%).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.