Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cage Cashier (PHX)
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Cage Supervisor, operates and performs cash and currency transactions for Casino guests at a service window.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent guest service to internal and external guests, maintains excellent team member relations.
- Safeguards casino assets.
- Counts and verifies all cash/coin/chip transactions in the cage.
- Makes change for guests and exchange coin/chip for cash.
- Issues banks, remake banks, replenish change for all departments.
- Performs fills for Table Games and pays out jackpots to electronic gaming devices.
- Services ATM and Kiosk machines to include adding or decreasing currency.
- Complies with federal cash reporting requirements.
- Maintains accurate cage cash transmittal forms.
- Reports currency counting equipment problems.
- Performs all duties, responsibilities, and requirements such as redemption, vault/main bank, check cashing, credit card transactions, cage exchanges, and payouts.
- Complies with internal controls/policies and procedures as they pertain to this position.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Casino operation data.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus one year experience as a cashier or bank teller; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge and proficient in basic mathematics.
- Ability to become familiar with all cage functions.
- Skill in cashier’s cage operations and of applicable laws on cage operations.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
- Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
- Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke, currency dust particles and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.