Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Carl Hayden Community Center 3216 W. Van Buren St. Phoenix, AZ 85009
The Program instructor is responsible for coordinating community service learning opportunities and providing overall support for youth/parents adults (the community) that participates in programs in the community center. S/he will facilitate and develop the program according to assigned curriculum and support the evaluation and continual quality improvement of the program. Work requires the application of initiative and independent judgment within the framework of task. Data entry will be essential to capturing the referral services provided, surveys (pre & post) amongst other data entry. Program Instructor must be available to meet the needs of the community; this may require working some evenings and some weekends.
Ability to work with culturally diverse population.
Ability to manage/present to small/large groups
Ability to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, English, Science, Technology. Engineering, Arts, Mathematics and/or any related field preferred but not required OR Student attending school towards obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in related field with 1-2 years of experience
- Associate’s degree in a related field listed above and four (4) years’ work experience.
- Proven success in youth and adult interactions.
- Program implementation experience with youth & adults.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, and partner organizations.
- Ability to foster diversity and open communication within teams and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a high performing team.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, and web-based computer programs.
- Successful co-facilitation experience preferred.
- Ability to work closely with peers to implement promising and best practices to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Facilitate the program curriculums in accordance with the training received (if applicable)
- Conduct outreach for recruitment efforts
- Maintain a record of services provided- this includes data of unduplicated number of clients, types of information provided and produce narrative reports if needed.
- Plan and facilitate lessons at weekly meetings/workshops.
Facilitate planning and implementation of community activities necessary to meet contract deliverables
Maintain healthy and appropriate relationships with youth/adults, focusing on safety, support, interaction, and engagement.
Ensure accurate and timely implementation program activities, evaluations and continual quality improvement activities. This includes completion of surveys, data entry, monthly reports (narrative reports) and ensuring participants complete pre- and post-program surveys.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date enrollment forms, attendance records, pre and post questionnaires, and service referral records on all youth & adult
- Establish linkages/partnerships with agencies and service providers in the community
- Refer and connect participants to appropriate service providers in the community & keep track of referrals
- Help build informal support networks
- Other job related tasks as assigned
Ability to travel statewide if needed. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Interpersonal skills that allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, participants, families, and other community members. Good communication skills evidenced by non-judgmental approach, effective listening and positive interactions.
We Value Diversity!