Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Case Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Workforce Solutions Phoenix, AZ
Performs intake screening to determine the eligibility and suitability of applicants for service and initiate referrals to the appropriate training, placement, support services or other agencies. Educates, guides, and assists in developing resources to ensure the success of the participants.
Responsibilities of this position include providing individual and /or group services to participants in achieving more effective personal, employment, educational and/or vocational outcomes. Service are provided through on-going case management, educational resources, job search assistance/placement, and coordination with other agencies to facilitate needed services.
Knowledge of the employability problems of targeted populations; working knowledge of the local and national job market environment; knowledge of the operation of public employment services; knowledge of available community social services agencies; skill in interviewing and counseling individuals from diverse economic, educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds; ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied background; ability to evaluate accurately the employability of clients; ability to prepare required records and reports, working knowledge of computer software programs. Bilingual and Spanish /English preferred.
Bachelors Degree in counseling, social work or related field with 3 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training which provides the ability o perform job duties.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Interview applicants to review eligibility and obtains work history and vocation interest information.
- Prescribes training objectives for youth (16 - 24yrs old) and adults
- Refers applicants to appropriate social service agencies when necessary.
- Administers test to determine aptitudes, and training needs.
- Work closely with educational partners, schools, colleges and trade schools to ensure clients receive proper services.
- Provides job referrals, job coaching and job placement assistance.
- Identifies applicants according to most in need to targeted grouping categories.
- Maintains records and submits monthly breakdown of applicants interviewed.
- Counsels applicants on career choices and vocational training opportunities.
- Provides recruitment services and represents CPLC and other assigned meetings.
- Develops monthly, quarterly reports.
- Maintains regular contact with participants.
- Meet with program staff regularly to review and monitor participant’s academic and employment progress.
- Conducts monthly participant follow-ups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Maryvale Project Lead. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
We Value Diversity!