Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Outreach Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Workforce Solutions Phoenix, AZ
This position is the Workforce Solutions Maryvale program’s point of contact for members of the community, performing assessments to determine what kind services are needed, and informing and educating them about the services CPLC can provide. You also create, schedule, organize, and promote outreach activities/special events, generate awareness about the programs and promote their presence to the community. Other functions include initiating and developing key relationships between individuals or groups in the community and CPLC’s programs. Additionally, you may be responsible for recruiting volunteers, training them, and providing assignments.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use a variety of computer software needed for community outreach and gathering of resources
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Should possess strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Travel to and from sites in metropolitan area to attend outreach events, meet with constituents/partners, and transporting program materials
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse communities
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Social Services, Human Resources or related field with two years experience in outreach, training or similar educational work. Other combinations of experience and/or education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Bilingual: English, Spanish, or other preferred. Must have dependable transportation. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Cultivate and build partnerships with community colleges that serve target population.
- Cultivate and build relationships with workforce resources providers serving targeted population, including youth (16-24 yrs.old), adults, re-entry and other vulnerable populations.
- Conduct applicant screening, assessment, and facilitate referrals to case management staff or other services as indicated.
- Organize and participate at community outreach activities to educate target community about CPLC workforce solutions services, programs and activities.
- Coordinate services with other agencies providing services to community seeking job opportunities.
- Understand grant responsibilities and goals to create outreach efforts that support these.
- Attend regular team meetings as well as occasional meetings with partners, and other stakeholders.
- Train and develop volunteers and interns as needed
- Prepare and provide documented program and participant information.
- Use appropriate work-related behavior, dress and attitude
- Adhere to required confidentiality practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Maryvale Program Lead. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
We Value Diversity!