Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Bridges
Community Bridges Inc. is the largest non profit provider of integrated healthcare in the Arizona. We currently have an opening for a Procurement Clerk at our Mesa Administrative office location.
The Procurement Clerk works with the Procurement Specialist and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Finance, Business Services. This person ensures that the items and services to implement and maintain our contracts are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements.
The Procurement Clerk must possess strong communication skills, be detail oriented, professional and able to work effectively with technology. The Procurement Clerk will ensure purchasing programs and processes adhere to legal, compliance and audit requirements as well as utilizing internal controls to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions relating to purchasing and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Acquiring materials and documents to fulfill requests for purchases, including preparing purchase orders and handling inquiries about orders.
- Following through with purchase from order placement to fulfillment and ensures order arrives undamaged and on time.
- Reviewing orders, verifying requisitions for purchased items, and managing the approval process. Evaluating documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintaining and updating pricing and catalogs for the company on specific vendors; standardizing quality products and services.
- Obtaining multiple bids when warranted.
- Transmitting and prioritizing approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracking order acknowledgement and backlog reports, and providing visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracking orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensuring orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reporting non-conformances.
- Identifying opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiency.
- Contributing to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Ensuring compliance with existing CBI financial policies and procedures, identifying & proposing modifications as needed.
- Monitoring inventory control systems, communicates shortages and ensures inventory is stocked and purchase order can be fulfilled.
- Preparing inventory transfer forms.
- Regularly auditing inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience :
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to handle multiple procurement projects simultaneously.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Requires strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- The flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment. Ability to work interdependently within a team.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and internal customers.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process information in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and One Note.
- Ability to address issues and handle change effectively.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
CBI Offers an excellent benefits package!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Cancer, Accident, 401K with employer match - 100% vested upon hire, Generous PTO accrual, Wellness programs, tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs, incentives, and more!
- The Phoenix Business Journal recognized CBI as one of the 2014, 2015, and 2016 Healthiest Employers in the Valley!
Send us your resume today and join our team of passionate individuals and contribute to the overall success and growth of CBI!