City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Police Recruit Exam - Saturday, June 9, 2018
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY - 27th Avenue Campus
THIS IS YOUR INVITATION to apply and participate in the Written Exam for Police Recruit being held on:
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 8:00 AM
Police Recruit is a non-sworn trainee class for protective service work in the Police Department. Recruits spend 20 weeks in the Phoenix Regional Police Academy (PRPA) learning various topics related to law enforcement. Upon successful completion of the academy, recruits are sworn and promoted to Police Officer.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes Sunday, June 3, 2018. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
Police Recruit salary during the academy is $22.98 hourly/$47,798 annually.
Upon successful completion of the academy, Police Officer salary is $24.75 hourly/$51,480 annually.
- Police Officers who meet performance standards are eligible for annual merit step increases to a current maximum base pay of $34.82 hourly/$72,426 annually after six years of service.
- Officers are also eligible for additional Career Enhancement Pay based on education level and skills/assignments acquired during their career up to a maximum of $7,613 annually.
- Applicants are to be at least 20.5 years old by the date of the exam. Must be 21 years of age before graduating from the academy.
- United States citizenship.
- A high school diploma or a GED.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the polygraph and background standards that are appropriate to sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/sworndisqualifiers.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants successfully submitting an application are invited to take this written examination.
- Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" button and complete the required information via cell phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- You are NOT required to attach a resume / cover letter.
- After successfully applying online, you will receive a reminder e-mail closer to the examination date. If you do not receive an email 5 days prior to the exam date, please contact Talent Acquisition at (602) 495-5703.
EXAM DATE & TIME: Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 8:00 AM.
CHECK-IN: 7:00 - 8:00 AM. Only applicants who have applied online will be checked into the exam. Instructions for the testing process will begin at 8:00 AM. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to check-in.
LOCATION: Grand Canyon University - 27th Avenue Campus:
5115 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85017. Enter the campus off Camelback Road or 27th Avenue just south of Colter.
Use Parking Garage, Bldg. #70 (FREE)
Walk across park to test location, Bldg. #71
Click for map here
TESTING TIME: The entire testing process will take approximately 4 hours (from check-in to the end of the exam).
What to Bring:
- You must present photo identification to be admitted to the exam. All other test materials will be issued to you. The use of electronic devices will not be allowed in the testing room.
- Please bring a government-issued photo ID to the written exam.
What You Need to Know:
- Allow for up to 3 hours for the entire written exam process from parking to completion of the exam and receiving your results.
- The written exam consists of multiple choice questions regarding judgment, reasoning, reading comprehension, written communication, and observation skills. To see a sample Police Recruit written exam or to view physical agility information and other steps in the hiring process visit the following website: https://www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd and https://www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd/physical-fitness-standards
- Candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to the Physical Agility Assessment, which will be held on SUNDAY, June 10, 2018, at 6:30 AM at the PRPA, 10001 S. 15th Ave., Phoenix.
- Note: The Police Department now offers the written exam and the Physical Agility Assessment twice a month. Applicants who successfully pass the written exam are eligible to take any future physical agility assessment as long as it's within the one year of the written exam. Every written exam is followed by a physical agility assessment during the morning of the following day. (ie: Friday written/Saturday physical agility or Saturday written/Sunday physical agility). See www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd for dates, times and locations.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 495-5700.
PARKING: Use Parking Garage, Bldg. #70 - Free onsite parking. Follow path to testing location, bldg. #71. Click link for 27th Avenue Campus Map here.
For out-of-state test applicants, Grand Canyon University has a hotel on the 27th Avenue Campus: GCU Hotel, 5115 N.27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85017. www.gcuhotel.com
Mention "Phoenix Police Testing at GCU" for a $10.00 discount off the current room rate (call for rate). Limited number of rooms available.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Requests for reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities should be directed to the Human Resources Department immediately, phone: 602/495-5703 (voice) or 602/261-8687 (TTY).
Police Recruit, JC: 62200, ID# 26714, 4/1/18, 12 mos, DD, Benefits: 04, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.