City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Police Community Affairs Administrator
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix seeks a strategic, self-motivated, and collaborative visionary to fill the position of Police Community Affairs Administrator. This position primarily focuses on community outreach by communicating tactfully with people of varied social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds; mediating disagreements; resolving misunderstandings; and determining approaches to resolving problems. This position understands community and social conditions to determine needs. The incumbent will maintain a willingness to learn and know the standards by which the quality of police service is evaluated and the use and purpose of police records to resolve police service issues and concerns. This position provides leadership and direction for effective change, operational transparency, and engagement with stakeholders.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a leader to meet and correspond with various citizens, professionals, businesses, and other groups to address respective interests, concerns, and secure support of engagement strategies that will shape the future of a well-respected local government. Responsibilities include advising the Police Chief, City Manager, and Assistant City Manager in internal and external strategies to enhance trust and nurture legitimacy between the Phoenix Police Department and the community.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 16, 2018. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$69,846 - $111,696 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: $3,360/yr car allowance, $1,200/yr cell phone allowance, 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension, 457/401 plans (City contributes 8.5% of gross salary to a 401a with no matching required), tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/009.pdf
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in municipal management positions with authority for program direction and budget administration, or for coordination and supervision of such functions
- Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, communication, or a related field.
- Works more than 40-hours/week without additional compensation to perform assigned job duties, including weekends, evenings, early morning hours, and holidays as required.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish highly desirable.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the background standards that are appropriate to non-sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed at http://phoenix.gov/webcms/groups/internet/@inter/@dept/@hr/documents/web_content/pdciviliandisqualifiers.pdf
- Some positions must meet polygraph standards that are appropriate to non-sworn positions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Special Project Admin, JC:08610, ID#26719, 03/28/18, 6mo, VG, Benefits: Middle Manager
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.