City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Police Aircraft Technician
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Police Aircraft Technicians perform fleet maintenance on helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft and specialized equipment. Fleet consists of Airbus AS350B3 and Agusta A109e model helicopters and Cessna 172, 182, 210 and Pilatus PC-12 model airplanes. Responsibilities include maintaining helicopter/fixed-wing aircraft and keeping current with industry standards by proactive and on-going training.
Work Location: Deer Valley Airport
Work Shift: Monday - Friday 0630 - 1500 or Tuesday - Friday 0600 - 1630
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of May 14, 2018. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$23.51 (minimum) - $31.21 (maximum) hourly $48,901 - $64,917 annually.
Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/002.pdf
- Only the highest qualified applicants will be placed on the eligible list.
- Three years of experience within the past five years maintaining turbine engine helicopters and/or fixed-wing aircraft.
- Be an FAA certified airframe and power plant mechanic (A&P) at time of application.
- Have a complete set of standard and metric aircraft mechanics tools by time of hire.
- Have current airframe and power plant mechanic experience within the last 6 months.
- Ability to attend training, out of state, if necessary for periods of up to three weeks.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighting up to 50lbs short and long distances.
- Safety senstive positions are subject to drug testing.
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the polygraph and background standards that are appropriate to non-sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed at: https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/Documents/disqualifierscivilian.pdf
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Aircraft Technician, JC: 75010, ID# 27064, 4/28/18, 6 mos, DD, Benefits: 02, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.