City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parks Foreman I - Aviation
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position interacts with Aviation patrons and the general public, leads and directs field employees in the maintenance of landscape, including turf grass, xeriscape and street right-of-way, habitat restoration areas, arboriculture, programming and maintenance of automated irrigation systems, utilizing sustainable landscape management practices. Duties include supervising the work of field staff, planning and coordinating projects; reviewing and evaluating contracted services; completing required reports; complying with environmental regulations; coordinating projects with other City departments and general administrative duties. Duties may also include assisting Aviation Landside and Airside Mainteance crews when requested.
Currently there is one vacancy in the Aviation Department. This recruitment may be used by any department for future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes June 11, 2018. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$17.56 (minimum) - $26.15 (maximum) hourly
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- Three years of full-time experience in landscape and horticultural operations, irrigation management and repair, custodial operations or related experience.
- Requires State of Arizona Office of Pest Management license in Turf and Ornamental by the end of the 12 month probationary period.
- Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Working irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings is required.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; and working outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. https://forms.skyharbor.com/Downloads/AviationEmploymentDisqualifiers.pdf
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- One year of supervisory or lead experience.
- Experience in the following maintenance areas:
- Parks, landscape, building, and/or turf and sports fields.
- Any of the following certifications:
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Irrigation Association
- Water Management
- Turf Management
- Communicating effectively with the public and providing excellent customer service.
- Computer skills including Data Entry, Microsoft Office, and email
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Parks Foreman I, JC: 40100, ID#26924, 6m, AB, Benefits:7, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.