City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contracts Specialist II / Procurement Officer
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position performs advanced level work in writing, procuring, negotiating, executing and administering complex services and commodity contracts for the City’s Finance Department. Work requires the use of critical thinking skills, initiative and professional judgment, and is performed under the general direction of a Procurement Manager.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 30, 2018. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$54,392 - $81,245 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, copy and paste this link into a new browser window: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/007.pdf
- Three years of government procurement experience consistent with the creation of solicitations, facilitating evaluation/selection panels, contract awards and contract administration.
- A bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Certification by NIGP, ISM, NCMA or other nationally recognized purchasing association.
- Familiarity with Federal, State and City Procurement Regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Contracts Specialist II, Job Code# 06630, ID#26919, 04/16/18, 6m, VG Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.