City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aviation Application Administrator
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Aviation Department Technology Division is seeking to fill Aviation Application Administrator positions. This position helps support various systems including, but not limited to SITA common use self-service system, Parking Revenue Control System, Automated Vehicle Identification, Honeywell Enterprise building integrator, Operational security portal and an array of Web Applications. Under general supervision, the Aviation Application Administrator participates in application system administration, detailed analysis, program design and development, documentation, testing, implementation and maintenance of business application systems. This position also works independently or as a member of a functional and technical team to develop recommendations and design and develop enhancements to existing systems or recommend replacement of existing business systems.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications. First review of resumes will be the week of March 26, 2018.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- Two years of experience in application programming and development and systems analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, business administration, mathematics, or related field (an additional four years of related experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree).
- Must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Works more than forty hours in a workweek without additional compensation to perform assigned job duties, including weekends, evenings, early morning hours and holidays as required.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. https://forms.skyharbor.com/Downloads/AviationEmploymentDisqualifiers.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- At least two years supporting enterprise / multi-user applications and working directly with vendors for application support, patching, and other maintenance.
- At least two years of experience creating complex reports using SSRS, Oracle BI, Crystal Reports, or similar tool.
- At least one year experience performing MS SQL Server DBA duties.
- At least one year experience developing multi-user applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Excellent customer support skills, including ability to train users and present data.
- Ability to creatively solve complex business problems.
- Ability to work with both non-technical and technical users alike.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Info Tech Analyst/Prg II, JC: 09660, ID# 26504, 3/2018, 6 mos, AB, Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.