City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Airport Operations Technician
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Each year air travelers and private aircraft are safely routed through Phoenix Deer Valley Airport and Phoenix Goodyear Airport, which are both operated by the City of Phoenix Aviation Department. The Airport Operations Technician may work at either airport and is responsible for maintaining airport facility conditions to ensure safe, secure, and efficient airport operations. Duties include enforcing city codes, airport rules and regulations; performing security checks; responding to alerts and emergencies; complying with and enforcing FAA rules and regulations; issuing notices of violations; overseeing contracted service providers; providing maintenance or repair of buildings and airfield facilities; and performing landscape maintenance all while focusing on delivering exceptional customer service.
This position will require a State of Arizona Office of Pest Management Herbicide Applicator License upon date of hire or within the first year of employment. This recruitment may be used for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 23rd. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$17.11 (minimum) - $22.51 (maximum) hourly / $35,589 - $46,821 annually.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- One year of experience in one of the following areas:
- providing skilled maintenance at a civilian or military airport;
- airport operations and security; or
- performing skilled building maintenance and repair work such as in the masonry, carpentry, plumbing, or electrical trades.
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. https://forms.skyharbor.com/Downloads/AviationEmploymentDisqualifiers.pdf
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Experience working with aircraft, fueling, or operating heavy equipment.
- A State of Arizona Office of Pest Management Herbicide Applicator License.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Airport Ops Technician (216), JC: 26010, ID# 26765, 04/08/18, 6 mos, AB, Benefits: 002, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.