City of Maricopa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management Analyst - Police Department
at City of Maricopa
- General Summary
Open until filled - the first review Thursday, June 21, 2017, at 5:00 p.m., or when a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Tentative interview date will be July 11th and tentative start date will be July 23th
Administers programs and organizational processes within the assigned department. Provides project oversight, performs budgetary functions, researches and compiles data, prepares reports and presentations. May assist in strategic planning initiatives or new departmental initiatives. Positions are assigned to Community Services, Development Services/Public Works, Economic Development, Fire, and Police
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Analyzes, prepares and monitors departmental capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures proper allocation of collected funds; reconciles financial reports.
- Prepares, analyzes and tracks purchase requisitions; receives, investigates and processes invoices.
- Provides purchasing, receiving and inventory control; ensures all purchases are in accordance with City Purchasing Policy.
- Researches and reviews existing and new contracts; reviews all credit card transactions.
- Researches, drafts and implements department specific policies and procedures and provides interpretation when applicable.
- Coordinates activities and represents the department at various committee meetings, training, programs, and events.
- Supports the department's website, updating content, creating materials, and providing user training.
- Establishes relationships with surrounding police jurisdictions to share data and intelligence to reduce criminal activity.
- Produces reports and recommendations based on complex analysis of crime data and trends of criminal activity in surrounding jurisdictions.
- Prepares daily and weekly missions to command staff based on crime data and calls for police service.
- Minimum and Preferred Entrance Qualifications
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, criminal justice, finance, or a related field
- At least four (4) years of work experience in analytics, project management, or accounting.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Master's degree in business, finance or accounting
- Some formalized training in crime analysis - Police Assignment
- Experience using Spillman, Power DMS, or MUNIS - Police Assignment
- Possession of (or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire) a standard driver
- Will be required to pass a typing test with 45 WPM.
- Will be required to pass a Microsoft Office test with Intermediate levels of knowledge.
- Positions in the Police Department may be subject to more extensive background checks.
- Competencies for Successful Performance of Job Duties
- Government laws, rules or regulations with regard to budgets, finance and accounting
- General accounting practices
- Budget management and development; public records and documents
- City purchasing policies and procedures
- Grant requirements and restrictions
- Legal terminology and court procedures
- A variety of software and database systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mathematical calculations
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Research and information gathering
- Statistical analysis
- Problem solving and reasoning
- Project management
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Draw conclusions
- Prepare budgets, forecast revenue and expenditure, justify and defend financial requests
- Monitor funding, maintain expenditure control and request adjustments
- Prepare financial reports
- Analyze cost/benefit
- Update, track and research databases
- Create summaries of analysis and write reports
- Work cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, vendors and residents