Canyon State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Canyon State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity let your skills shine? Come join the team at Canyon State Credit Union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. With only 70 employees, we are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. At Canyon State Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Teller you will:
- Promote, explain, and identify cross-selling opportunities such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, debit and credit cards, online banking, and estatements. Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Process all cash and non-cash transactions such as payments, transfers, withdrawals, incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests, stop payments on share draft and credit union checks.
- Assist with vault counting, balancing, and the ordering of cash.
- Assist with mail or email transactions, when available.
- Provide accurate information to members regarding credit union products, services, policies and procedures. As appropriate, advise members of regulations applicable to these policies and procedures.
- Assist Marketing with membership, product, and service initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute Demonstrate the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation Keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and credit union wide goals and be able to prioritize and collaborate with others to achieve success.
A Service Focus Demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Build constructive working relationships characterized by cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect. Personify CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative Motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Wants to get in on the ground floor and create something from scratch. A bit of an entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way in our environment.
Eye for Quality Take responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Flexibility - The ability excel in a high stress environment, adapt to changing business needs and work priorities needs is a must. Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education preferred.
- At least one year of customer service and/or cash handling experience required. Previous teller experience preferred.
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing credit union members and projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Requires sound and accurate judgment. Displays a willingness to make decisions in a timely manner, usually within established guidelines. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and can support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Requires excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills, ability to listen to members' needs and promote appropriate credit union products and services.
- Knowledge of consumer lending and account opening and closing preferred.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Word and Excel required. Experience with automated core banking system preferred. Experience utilizing smart phone and tablet applications preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union!!! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.