Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST- BIKE VALET
at Arizona State University
Customer Service Specialist - Bike Valet
Arizona State University
Parking and Transit Services
Requisition ID#: 43507BR
Pedal into an amazing opportunity with the Bike Valet Program at ASU!
Benefits of working at ASU:
• Health Insurance
• Vacation and paid time off
• Professional Development
• Tuition Reduction at ASU, U of A, NAU
Bike Valet Customer Service Specialist will be familiar faces on campus who provide customer service and information to the university community. Their primary duty is to educate and inform campus travelers about bicycle parking options, park, secure and guard bikes at one of three bike valet locations on the Arizona State University Tempe Campus. The incumbent will staff biking events, register bikes, participate in annual bike round-up and other commuter services programs.
$12.69 - $13.46 per hour; DOE
- Provides friendly, efficient, and accurate processing of bicycles in/out at Bike Valet
- Assists customers and public (including ASU faculty, staff, students, visitors, and internally within the department) with information, questions, directions, or bicycle services within established limits.
- Maintains a presentable and professional appearance at all times, encounters potentially stressful situations including argumentative and frustrated individuals with professionalism
- Completes daily logs and paperwork
- Operates the Bike Valet according to standard operating procedures
- Communicates by radio adhering to PTS radio communication standards
- Keeps bikes in the Bike Valet safe and secure
- Cultivates the bicycling culture on the ASU campuses
- Maintains a clean and presentable work area
- Sends questions and complaints outside established limits and technical administrative questions onto the Program Manager
- Communicates verbally and in writing
- Completes manual and electronic forms
- Prepares correspondence
- Conducts analysis and prepares reports
- Staffs events and perform other commuter services duties as assigned by Program Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
Days and Schedule: Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
One-two years’ customer service experience in a frontline service environment. OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a personal or professional interest in bicycling and bicycling culture
- Evidence of effective verbally and written communication skills, including accurate grammar and spelling
- Customer service and conflict resolution experience
- Experience in punctuality and reliability
- Experience in using organizational and communication skills
- Experience in maintaining accurate records
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Evidence of a valid Class D driver’s license; an MVR will be conducted
- Sit and stand for extensive periods of time in a covered bike valet station
- Work in extreme weather conditions such as rain, heat, dust storms, etc…
- This position works 100% outdoors
- Work location subject to change
- Able to lift 40 lbs. and carry it 100 feet
- Use a two-way radio
- Use a computer
Parking and Transit Services (PTS) plays an integral role in support of the development of the Arizona State University by managing the parking and commuter options on the four campuses. PTS operates numerous shuttle, bus, car-sharing and carpool programs to provide sustainable transportation options to the campus community. These services assist ASU students, faculty, and staff in traveling to, around and between campuses. PTS employees work in a dynamic and customer-service oriented department.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must provide three business related references; one current supervisor and two former supervisors; coworker will only be accepted if work history does not allow for three supervisors. Personal references are not accepted.
Applicant must provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position and include your basic knowledge of bicycle maintenance skills
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 43507BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.