Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
HR Benefits Design and Management
Requisition ID#: 43421BR
Under Benefits supervision, participates in ADA, benefits, leaves, retirement, and/or workers' compensation program management teams by providing consultative and administrative services to university staff and faculty as well as administering the ASU & Arizona University System's ADA, benefits, leaves, retirement, and/or workers' compensation programs and systems.
$39,600 - $55,950 per year; DOE
- Actively participates in as a member of an ADA, benefits, leaves, retirement, and/or Worker's Compensation program management team by providing consultative services, plan administration, research, interpretation, data management, and compliance oversight; recommends changes in program management for faculty and staff in accordance with federal, state, ASU, and ABOR regulations, standards, and requirements.
- Recommends changes or improvements to program administration in response to legislative or judicial changes or market trends; may coordinate implementation of new or modified plan provisions, processes, and features as requested/required.
- Provides interpretation, advice and consultative services to departments, centralized and de-centralized Human Resource staff to ensure compliance with government regulations and plan provisions including, but not limited to: IRS and retirement plan limits, retiree return to work provisions, retirement incentives, ADA, FMLA, and Rehabilitation Act sections 503 and 504
- Provides education to departments to minimize financial costs by facilitating return to work for disabled and retired employees; may conduct individual case investigations or consultations as needed.
- Maintains programmatic logs and related tracking/monitoring systems to support program and leave management; audits services provided by decentralized Human Resource staff across campus; identifies areas of potential exposure and/or liability and prepares recommendations for changes to improve service level and/or compliance.
- Reviews informational materials and program content; prepares recommendations to improve, update, and/or maintain orientation/training programs/manuals, summary plan descriptions and associated plan participant information guides, Benefit website and forms, presentations, informational releases, and other communications.
- Researches and resolves complex technical questions and problems; consults IRS regulations, state statues, and other policies as appropriate; escalates issues to Benefits leadership to ensure legal and functional integrity of programs.
- Assists with design, implementation, and evaluation of ongoing training, educational, and communication programs designed to increase overall understanding, awareness, and knowledge of available benefit program offerings.
- Facilitates benefit orientation meetings, presentations, pre-retirement seminars and/or leaves management training targeted to specific employee populations and/or audiences to ensure understanding of benefit plan provisions and policies.
- Works collaboratively with other OHR and Financial Service units to administer benefits, retirement, leaves practices and processes; develops recommendations in response to identified issues/concerns to streamline processes, develops management and audit reports, and ensures compliance.
- Works closely and collaboratively with benefit and data management units; discusses and reviews proposed changes with Benefits leadership for approval; participates in HRIS functional testing as needed.
- Works collaboratively and consultatively with other ASU departments, Arizona University System (ABOR, ASU, NAU and UA), State of Arizona, and vendors on benefits, retirement, and leaves strategies, programs, and systems to ensure consistency and coordination of efforts.
- May assist with implementation and maintenance of all benefit programs and systems provided by the university and Arizona University System; assists prepare plan, program and policy recommendations based on analysis of forecasted market movement to ensure adherence with ASU strategy.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible accountability for the administration, development, and implementations of ADA, benefits, retirement, and/or leave programs or systems; OR; Master's degree and one (1) years progressively responsible position; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current federal and state laws, statutes, regulations, policies, and directives pertaining to benefits, retirement, and leaves practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, methods and technique of benefits, retirement, and leaves management concepts and theories.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state of the art and best practice operations and programs to increase efficiency and effectiveness through technology solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational requirements and standards of integrates HRIS.
- Experience in data collection, research, analysis, and development of recommendations and/or alternative solutions.
- Experience in developing effective written technical and employee communication and/or presentation materials.
- Experience in utilizing effective verbal communication skills, including interpersonal, teambuilding, and presentation skills.
- Experience in working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders in and outside the University.
- Experience in applying critical thinking skills and problem solving skills related to analysis and determining solutions.
- Experience in anticipating, forecasting, and developing strategies to achieve objectives.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%); Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (35%); Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts; Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard, and mouse), printer, fax, and copier.
This position receives regular managerial review of objectives.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to the recruitment, retention and development of diverse faculty, academic professionals, administrators and staff.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 43421BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.