Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Quickly and efficiently respond to incoming telephone calls in a compassionate, empathetic and professional manner in order to provide a consistent, positive and excellent experience every time. Dispatch animal ambulance, rescue, and investigation calls. Assign calls to officers while monitoring their location and safety. Answer inquiries and provide information tocallers, refer callers to appropriate alternative agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and log ambulance, rescue, and investigation calls from the public and other agencies. Record and input into the computer system.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both external and internal customers, maintaining a positive and professional attitude despite high stress and emotional calls.
- Dispatch ambulance and investigation calls to officers. Monitor their location and safety while on scene.
- Acknowledge and respond to all two-way radio transmissions.
- Maintain computer and hard copy logs of all calls dispatched to ambulance drivers and investigators, including the date, the time and the driver responding.
- Assure radio and telephone equipment is in good working order and immediately report any malfunctioning equipment.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly; refer direct calls not pertaining to Field Operations to the appropriate AHS department or alternative agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma OR
- Must possess excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the various departments of AHS as well as services provided by outside agencies in order to properly refer incoming calls that cannot be dealt with in the Field Operations department.
- Knowledge of map reading and directions.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish verbal skills preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.