Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AmeriFirst Financial
Executive Summary of Position:
Provides general support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist is responsible for handling incoming clients into the lobby, answering incoming calls, directing calls to the appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties. The receptionist is expected to have the front desk open at 8:00 AM and throughout the day until 5:00 PM. Relief front desk coverage will be provided for a one hour lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks of 10 minutes each. The receptionist should work with relief coverage to determine the appropriate times for lunch and breaks.
- Opens and closes lobby/visitor area (locking doors, closing blinds, turning off lights).
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
- Professionally answers all incoming calls and directs the caller to the appropriate personnel. Advises the caller if an associate is unavailable and offers to and transfers the caller to an associate’s voicemail box when the associate is unavailable.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as branch locations and company addresses, directions to the company locations, company phone, e-mail and fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pickup of regular mail, and the pickup and delivery of express mail services (UPS, FedEx, and etc.).
- Assists in the ordering, receiving and stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example and through the sharing of knowledge and skill in promoting a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree is required.
- Represent Amerifirst Financial in a positive way in dealing with customers and other employees.
- Ability to train co-workers as well as cross train in other job functions. Excellent phone etiquette, excellent verbal communication, and customer service driven.
- Reasoning ability includes common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write correspondence; speak effectively with customers, employees or vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Computer skill required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Equipment/Technology Competency Requirements:
Use independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives and goals while operating within corporate and departmental policy guidelines.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, sincere and professional attitude when representing the company.
- Apply common sense understanding in distributing and carrying out tasks and instructions.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
Requires light physical activity performing non strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature as well as periods of prolonged sitting. Requires extensive typing, filing, and writing. Requires the ability to speak and hear.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.